In relation to The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, or AODA, and our internal Accessibility Policy,Gibbys Electronic Supermarket is committed to treating all of our customers in a way that allows them to maintain their respect, dignity and independence.
Gibbys Electronic Supermarket will meet the needs of customers with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by identifying, removing and preventing barriers so that people with disabilities will have more opportunity to participate in everyday life and by meeting the accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We will provide training to all of our employees on the Ontario Disabilities Act which we believe is an important part of our ongoing customer service and does not replace the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The following is our Accessible Customer Service which has been trained to all of our employees:
- Our entrance is step free, ground level grade with double doors which enables customers with an assistive device into the store.
- We offer an accessible washroom, seating area and wide aisles on all areas of our showroom floor
- We offer customers with reading, sight or other disabilities to reading and understanding written material, having the material read out loud to them and to assist with completion of forms if needed. If requested we can enlarge the print on printed material.
- We welcome support persons
- We offer carry-out service to all of our customers
- We welcome service animals
If we have an upcoming accessibility issues due to a repair or an update to the building we will have a notice posted that accessibility will be unavailable, it’s anticipated duration and a description of an alternative facility of service if available.
Feedback regarding the way goods and services to customers with disabilities can be made is in person, by telephone, in writing or by e-mail to email@example.com. All feedback will be directed to the store owners.
We will make all reasonable efforts to address concerns or complaints immediately.
To make the Accessible Customer Service Documents available we shall, upon request, give a copy of this policy to any person. The request should be made to the Store Manager. If a person with a disability requests a copy of this policy, we will provide the policy, or the information contained within the policy, in a format which takes into account the person’s disability were possible.