Denon AVR-S640H 5.2 Ch 4K Ultra HD Receiver with Amazon Alexa Voice Control
The Denon AVR-S640H 5.2 channel AV receiver features Dolby Vision™, HDR, HLG and 4K video upscaling for a stunning home theater experience. It includes 5 HDMI inputs at 4K/60 Hz with full-rate pass-through and HDCP 2.2 support on all HDMI ports. Built-in HEOS lets you stream Spotify®, Pandora®, Tidal and more throughout the home. A front-panel USB offers convenient audio playback of MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files. Control your AVR with Amazon Alexa voice compatibility and with our award-winning Setup Assistant, the Denon AVR-S640H is just as easy to setup as it is to enjoy.
- 5.2 channel AV receiver with 150W-power per channel (6 Ohm, 1kHz, 1ch. driven, THD 10%)
- HDMI 5 inputs/ 1 output; HDCP 2.2 support on all HDMI ports and features such as 4:4:4 color resolution and BT.2020
- K Ultra HD/60 Hz full-rate pass through, HDR, Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)
- Award-winning Denon guided setup assist ant and graphical user interface for an easy and intuitive setup experience
- Built-in HEOS wireless multi-room audio technology
- Amazon Alexa voice control compatibility give you hands-free control of your AVR-S640H and wireless music services
- Smart TV connectivity to control the AVR-S640H with a TV remote
- RC and HDMI-CEC support for seamless pass-through of the latest picture and audio coding from your TV to the AVR
- Stream the most popular music services — like Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Deezer and many others — via Bluetooth, AirPlay or the HEOS app
- Front panel USB input for convenient audio playback of MP3, WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) files
- Front panel features four Quick Select buttons that store your preferred audio settings for each source
- Audyssey MultEQ setup with MIC stand included in the box / Dynamic EQ & Volume
High-Performance 5 Channel Discrete Amplifier
Featuring discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-S640H delivers a maximum of 150 watts per channel. It’s equipped with low impedance drive capability for operational stability within a wide range of speakers.
Geared Up for Ultra HD
The AVR-S640H features five HDMI inputs and one output — including one input on the front panel — that support full 4K Ultra HD, HDR (High Dynamic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling. Dolby Vision compatibility and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) provide exceptional brightness, contrast and color, and HDCP 2.2 processing lets you enjoy copy-protected content uninhibited.
The AVR-S640H supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video format. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and color. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content.
Set-Up and Connect with Ease
Get your AVR-S640H up and running in no time, perfectly tailored to your needs.
Smart TV Connectivity
Control the Denon AVR-S640H with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON and begin controlling the AVR-S640H with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen provides you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR’s setup menu and four Smart Selects.
Built-In Bluetooth, WI-FI and Airplay Capability
The heart of your wireless network. With Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the Denon AVR-S640H is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. Enjoy listening to your favorite audio content wirelessly from your smart devices.
Denon AVR Remote App for Seamless Control
Better control in your back pocket. The Denon AVR Remote app for iOS and Android makes using the AVR-S640H even easier — adjust volume, turn it on or off, mute the music, select a source or switch to HEOS. Download the Denon AVR Remote app to your smartphone today.
Quick Selects for User-Friendly Audio Tuning
The Denon AVR-S640H front panel features four Quick Select buttons that store your preferred audio settings for each source. Switch between TV audio, Blu-Ray, media players and more–and the AVR-S640H adjusts the EQ settings to your preferences for that media source. Use the buttons on the front panel or opt for the same Quick Selects on the AVR remote for faster control.
Front USB Port for High-Resolution Audio
Discover the incredible fidelity of high-resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front panel USB port and network sources. Also listen to other popular file types such as MP3. Whether you want to listen to your latest download or soak in the fidelity of audiophile-quality FLAC recordings, you always have quick access to your favorite songs.
Connect the AVR-S640H to the Denon HEOS Link (sold separately) for wireless music streaming and the ultimate in sound quality. The HEOS Link enables the AVR-S640H to play back nearly unlimited online streaming services like Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora and more. With the HEOS Link you can add HEOS multi-room audio to your home theater audio system, and you can play different songs in different rooms or the same song in every room. Also available is is ability to control your HEOS experience with Amazon Alexa voice commands. Once connected, use the HEOS app to control the AVR remotely. Enjoy more music and flexibility with the same great Denon quality.