JL Audio MediaMaster MM100S-BE Marine 4-zone Digital Media Receiver #99920
High-performance componentry, marine-rated construction, and boater-friendly ergonomics make JL Audio’s Media Master MM100S-BE digital media receiver the ideal centerpiece of a stem-to-stern sound system that will be the envy of any marina.
Designed for great sound
The first thing that comes to mind when you think about JL Audio is sound. That’s actually the first thing their designers thought about, too. Most receivers have a standard “chip” amplifier, but this one doesn’t have a built-in amp at all. Instead, you’ll find 8-channel audiophile-quality preamp-level outputs that you’ll connect to your marine amplifiers. The result is superb sound on any boat, no matter the size or layout.
Four zones for more control
With four audio zones, the MM100s-BE lets you build the system you want for your boat. A user-friendly interface gives you enhanced volume control in all four four fully variable zones. Here’s the setup:
- Main Audio Zone: bass, midrange, treble and balance controls;
- Zone 2: independent bass, midrange, treble and balance controls, plus absolute or relative volume control;
- Zone 3: controls a subwoofer, or you can make it a third full-range zone like Zone 2;
- Zone 4: a fixed level zone that’s ideal for subs.
The first three zones feature a zero-clipping audio circuit design, with self-limiting tone controls to prevent speaker damage.
Thoroughly modern media
You won’t find a CD player in the MM100S-BE, just lots of ways to get the most out of your digital music collection. In addition to an AM/FM/Weather Band tuner, the MM100s-BE offers a wide range of ways to connect external devices. Here are all the ways you can crank up the tunes through your MM100s-BE:
• Bluetooth® audio streaming with AptX® for superior sound quality and total control of play/pause and track up/down functions;
• USB 2.0 direct-digital connection for your iPhone® or USB storage device;
• SiriusXM-Ready: connect to the SiriusXM SXV300 tuner (sold separately, subscription required) to enjoy satellite radio programming when you’re many miles offshore;
• AUX input for connection to a wide range of audio sources
JL Audio designed the MM100s-BE to excel in the marine environment; it’s not a car receiver that’s been modified to simply survive in it. Marine-grade components and IPX66-rated weatherproofing ensure long life, but when you look at this receiver, you can tell it was designed by people who know what it’s like to change music sources in choppy water on a dark night.
A keen understanding of real-world ergonomics went into the display, which features an intuitive interface with large text that’s easy to read while you’re in motion. Big buttons and a generously-proportioned control knob fall easily to hand when you need them. The big, bright, full-color 3-1/2″ display offers adjustable day/night lighting modes that will give you the level of brightness that works best for you and your boat. And, of course, the sleek black exterior will look great in your boat.
If you need more ways to control the sound around your boat, you can add optional JL Audio MMR-20 BE remotes.