Marantz SR6012 9.2 Channel Receiver with HEOS – B-Stock
Immerse yourself in stunning 3D surround sound with the SR6012 AV receiver featuring Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround decoding. Both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X feature object-based surround sound with the ability to drive overhead speakers to deliver the ultimate immersive 3D audio experience.
Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with dual antennas that help ensure robust signal transmission and reception. Stream your favourite music through AirPlay, Spotify Connect or local network storage drives. High resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity.
HEOS Built-In, 9 x 110W Current Feedback Amplifiers, 11 Channel Processing, HDAMs (Hyper Dynamic Amp Module), DSD Support – 2.8/5.6MHz, 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual Band WiFi with Dual Antennas, Support of B,G & N WiFi, DTS:X built-in, Dolby Atmos, HDCP 2.2 & HDMI 2.0a – 8 inputs / 2 outputs, HDMI Diagnostics, ISFccc Certification/Calibration, Full 11.2 Channel Pre Outs – Perfect for additional Marantz Power Amps, Enhanced Multi Zone (HPF, Tone, Mono/Stereo, Dolby Vision/HLG, Digital Audio to Remote Zones, Multi zone/multi source HDMI, 12 volt trigger, RC-5 input and output & flasher input, MultEQ Editor App, Dual subwoofer outputs, 11.2 Channel analog outputs, Phono Input, ECO mode, Bluetooth.
Built-in Bluetooth & Wi-Fi
Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity. Connect to the internet through your home Wi-Fi network (or with a hard-wired connection via the Ethernet port) and enjoy your favourite music from streaming services such as Spotify Connect Pandora, SiriusXM (depending on availability in your country), or choose from thousands of internet radio stations around the world.
Dolby Atmos / DTS:X
Dolby Atmos: Dolby’s revolutionary Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with the channel-based coding used for decades, in favour of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the three-dimensional space. Now, you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the SR6012, which features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system plus four additional overhead or Dolby Atmos-certified upward-firing speakers for the ultimate home theater experience. Along with Dolby Atmos decoding, the SR6012 also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies, and of course also supports conventional 5.1- or 7.1-channel speaker set-ups.
DTS:X also features object-based audio coding, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the SR6012 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
In addition, the SR6012 offers both Dolby Surround and Neural:X upmixing, enabling users with a full ‘3D’ sound speaker set-up to get an enhanced experience from conventional Dolby- or DTS-encoded content, or even from music in stereo.
9-Channel Discrete Amplifier: The Marantz 6012 is equipped with a power amplifier that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. The 9 channel amplifier is rated at 110 watts with 2 channels driven (20-20kHz, 8-ohms, 0.08% THD).
Amplifier Assignment: The SR6012’s nine discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup. You can even connect up to eleven speakers at a time and the receiver will intelligently and automatically select which speakers need power based on audio source and surround sound format.
- 11ch: Provides 11ch playback by assigning all nine internal amplifiers to the receiver’s main zone and using an external 2ch amplifier for either the Front or Height 2 channels. Up to nine speakers can be powered by the receiver’s amplifier, while two speakers are powered by an external amplifier. This amplifier configuration is compatible with up to 11.1ch and 7.1.4ch applications.
- 9ch: Assigns all nine amplifiers within the receiver for the Main Zone to power the Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, and Height speakers. You can connect up to eleven speakers to the receiver’s amplifier and the receiver will automatically allocate the nine amplifier channels to power up to nine speakers at a time. This amplifier configuration will automatically switch between 9.1ch and 7.1.2ch / 5.1.4 applications.
- 7ch Bi-Amp: Assigns all nine amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped. Up to nine total speakers can be connected at one time – including Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back and Height speakers. The receiver will automatically switch for playback between 7.1ch and 5.1.2ch applications. The receiver’s Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to bi-amp the front speakers. A bi-amplification connection uses two amplifiers for one speaker. One amplifier is connected to the woofer section of a loudspeaker while the other is connected to the combined midrange and tweeter section. With this arrangement each amplifier operates over a limited frequency range, making its job easier.
- 7ch + Zone 2: The nine amplifier channels of the receiver are assigned to power a 7ch speaker system in the Main Zone and stereo speakers in Zone 2. Up to nine total speakers can be connected in the Main Zone – including Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back and Height speakers. The receiver will automatically switch for playback between 7.1ch and 5.1.2ch applications. The receiver’s Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to power Zone 2.
- 7ch + Front B: Assigns seven amplifier channels of the receiver to the Main Zone for up to 7ch playback and two amplifier channels to power another pair of front speakers in the Main Zone for stereo playback only. Up to eleven total speakers can be connected in the Main Zone – including Front, Center, Surround, Surround Back, Height, and Front B speakers. The receiver can automatically switch for playback between 7.1ch and 5.1.2ch application. The receiver’s Height 2 amplifier channels are assigned to power the Front B speakers.
- 5Ch Bi-Amp + Zone 2: Assigns seven amplifiers of the receiver to the Main Zone with the front speakers bi-amped and two amplifier channels assigned to Zone 2 to power a pair of speakers in another room. The 5ch speaker system will consists of Front, Center, and Surround. The receiver’s Height channels are reassigned to bi-amp the front speakers and power Zone 2. Surround Back speaker channels are not available in this mode. This amplifier configuration is not compatible with Dolby Atmos.
Note: The receiver’s Height 1 & 2 amplifier speaker channels in a 9ch or 7ch amplifier configuration can be configured as Top Front, Top Middle, Top Rear, Front Dolby, or Surround Dolby for Dolby Atmos or DTS:X.
High Grade Audio Components: The Marantz 6012 utilizes HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology & Current Feedback Topology to deliver superior audio fidelity.
- HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module): Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on our Reference Series components, the 6012 incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high resolution audio formats
- Current Feedback Topology: In addition to HDAM technology, the 6012 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on our very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Advanced 32-Bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR6012 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience. In addition, the receiver utilizes a Hybrid PLL Clock Jitter Reducer to eliminate distortion caused by jitter errors for a more accurate reproduction of the recording the way the artist intended.
Post Decoding Formats: The Marantz AV receiver supports Dolby Surround & DTS Neural:X to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats. It will also be able to support DTS Virtual:X through a future firmware update (no ETA).
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening “sweet spot”.
- DTS Neural:X: Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Virtual:X (via Future Firmware Update): DTS Virtual:X bridges the gap between DTS:X and the reality of so many consumers’ homes, allowing you to enjoy multi-dimensional sound regardless of room size, layout, or speaker configuration. DTS Virtual:X can be used with any content (from 2ch to 5.1ch soundtracks), while delivering virtual height & virtual surround processing based on psychoacoustics (not reflective surfaces).
Audyssey Platinum: The Marantz SR6012 features the Audyssey Platinum suite of powerful DSP features – including MultEQ XT32, Sub EQ HT, LFC (Low Frequency Containment), Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ.
- MultEQ XT32: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ32 measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Audyssey MultEQ32 incorporates Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ XT32 compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on “Audyssey Setup” measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves – Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Sub EQ HT: Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
- LFC (Low Frequency Containment): Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Direct Listening Modes: The Marantz 6012 offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver’s tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the receiver’s display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the audio signal.
Stereo Modes: The Marantz 6012 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz 6012 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Pro Logic (including PL II, PL IIx, PL IIz), and DTS Neo:6 modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Level Adjustments: The 6012 provides the following level adjustments.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source’s audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
- Dialogue Level: You can adjust the output level (+/-12dB) to clarify the dialogue output from the center channel.
- Subwoofer Level: You can set the receiver’s subwoofer output level (+/-12dB) independent from the other speaker levels and system’s main volume.
Volume Settings: The 6012 offers the following volume settings.
- Volume Scale: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB).
- Volume Limit: You can set a maximum volume level of 0dB (80), -10dB (70), or -20dB (60) to limit the receiver’s total volume output.
- Turn-On Volume: You can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on (0, 1-98, -79 to +18dB, or Last)
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely).
Audio Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver features color-coded binding-post speaker terminals, 7.2ch pre-outs, and a front-panel headphone jack.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color-coded labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the 6012’s rear panel, there’s no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- 7.2Ch Pre-Outs: The AV receiver features 7.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. For compatibility with dual subwoofer home theater systems, the SR6012 features two discrete subwoofer outputs. With dual subwoofers, which can be placed in different parts of the room, you’ll benefit from response averaging, which helps provide smoother and more detailed deep bass, compared to a conventional single subwoofer speaker system.
- Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4″ jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
Phono Input: The Marantz SR6012 is fitted with a Phono input (MM), so you can connect your turntable and listen to your vinyl records with high-quality sound.
7.1 Channel Input: The SR6012 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound. If you will not be using the 7.1 channel input with a multi-channel decoder, you can use the front and left inputs as an auxiliary input.
HDMI 2.0b: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (including one conveniently located on the front-panel) and three HDMI outputs, the 6012 incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0b specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The 6012 also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K/60Hz Pass-Through: The 6012 supports up to 4K (3840×2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second on all of its HDMI inputs and output (pass-through only). It will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI
- HDCP 2.2: All of the receiver’s HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All of the receiver’s rear-panel HDMI jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 21:9 Aspect Ratio: By supporting 21:9 aspect ratio, this receiver can show films recorded in the Cinema Scope format on your TV for a much more immersive video experience. When these types of films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars.
HDR Compatibility: HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The receiver supports HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and HLG.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG’s native compatibility allows much of today’s existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses no metadata, Dolby Vision utilizes dynamic metadata which adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV’s display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended. Dolby Vision supports 12-bit color and 10,000 nits.
4K Video Upconversion & Upscaling: The Marantz AV receiver’s sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the SR6012 and then connect to your TV with just a single HDMI cable. Only the receiver’s main HDMI output supports video upconversion.
Note: When composite or component video signals are used, only 480i video signals are converted to HDMI (up to 4K).
Three HDMI Outputs: The two parallel HDMI outputs distribute the same video signal simultaneously to two separate displays, while the discrete HDMI output allows you to play a different audio/video source in another zone (Zone 2).
Other HDMI Features: The Marantz 6012 AV receiver’s HDMI connectivity also offers 3D video pass-through, ARC (Audio Return Channel), Deep Color & x.v.Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- 3D Ready: The 6012 AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the 6012’s main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Note: The receiver will support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) via a firmware update (no ETA yet). eARC will support uncomprerssed audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, & DTS HD Master Audio – where standard ARC was limited to Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in “Standby” mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver’s HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned “On”, only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver’s speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the “Standby” mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Component & Composite Video: The receiver features two composite video inputs and one composite video monitor output; supports up to 480i. There are also two component video inputs (60MHz) and one component video monitor output; supports up to 1080p.
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration: The 6012 is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced ISFccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected HDTV, even if it’s not an ISF certified set. You can choose from a variety of Picture Modes – Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness).
Video Modes: You can set the video processing method to match the type of video content. Choose from Movie, Game, Auto, or Bypass.
Video Select Function: This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected TV during audio playback from Tuner or HEOS music apps.
Network & Tuner Functions
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Marantz 6012 receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to connect the receiver to your home network. The unit also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Either network connection gives the receiver access to HEOS music apps (like Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, etc), TuneIn, your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, as well as music content on your Windows PC or DLNA music server. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (5.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver’s network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
TuneIn Internet Radio: The Marantz 6012 includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the built-in TuneIn online music service. Simply select TuneIn from the receiver’s on-screen menu using the included remote and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to you.
Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you can stream Spotify to the Marantz AV receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
HEOS Music Apps: With built-in HEOS technology and the HEOS app on your Apple iOS 7.0+ or Android OS 4.0 devices, you’ll be able to stream a wide variety of online music services, plus the music library of your mobile device through the Marantz AV receiver.
Zone 2 (Line-Level & Speaker-Level): Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via RCA line-level output or speaker-level output. When using the SR6012 to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channels. When using the receiver’s line output terminals for the second room you need an additional amplifier to power your Zone 2 speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Marantz receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources:
- HDMI audio (2ch PCM only)
- Optical/Coaxial digital inputs (2ch PCM only),
- Analog Audio Inputs,
- AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone)
- USB & Bluetooth
- Network sources (AirPlay, TuneIn Internet Radio, Spotify, Connect, HEOS Music apps, & DLNA); the same network source is played in Zone 1 and Zone 2
- Incompatible Sources:
- HDMI & Analog Video
- DSD audio files
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): With the on-screen graphical display that combines large clear text and colorful icons, plus the Marantz Setup Assistant, setup is both simple and quick, letting you easily make all necessary adjustments and settings to quickly and easily optimize the 6012 for your particular speaker configuration and source equipment. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. The on-screen menu display can only be output to your TV via HDMI.
Note: The receiver’s front-panel LCD window only displays source input and volume. You will need to connect this receiver up to your TV via HDMI to configure speaker, network, input, and system settings through the AV receiver’s on-screen menu.
Smart Select: On the 6012’s front-panel, you’ll find four Smart Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Smart Select function buttons. With Smart Select, the 6012 remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with WAV and FLAC music files via USB or DLNA.
Source Rename + Panel Lock: You can change the display name (up to 8 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn’t being used, you can delete it from the display so you don’t have to scroll past it when you change sources. To prevent accidental operation of this unit, you can disable operation of the buttons on the front-panel.
Dual Backup Memory Function: This receiver stores its settings in a nonvolatile memory even when the main power supply is turned off. Using the Dual Backup Memory function, you can write settings information to another memory area to back up saved settings for recovery anytime as needed.
- Personal Memory Plus: This function sets the settings (input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, MultEQ, Dynamic EQ, audio delay, etc.) last selected for the individual input sources.
- Last Function Memory: This function stores the settings which were made before going into the standby mode. When the power is turned back on, the settings are restored.
Timers: The Marantz AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, “Auto Standby” is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
Smart ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with a Smart ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Smart Eco Mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.