Onkyo PR-RZ5100 11.2-Channel Network A/V Preamplifier
Onkyo PR-RZ5100 11.2-Channel Network A/V Preamplifier is designed to deliver sophisticated audio processing, enhanced surround sound options, 4K video upscaling, and a variety of connectivity options when paired with a separately sold power amplifier. This preamplifier offers the flexibility of unbalanced and balanced pre-outputs for connectivity to nearly any amplifier. Built-in Dolby Atmos support gives you the ability to add front height channels for a more immersive audio experience. The AccuEQ room calibration suite is built into the preamplifier to help you tailor the sound of the unit to your listening environment with the included setup microphone.
Not only can you connect traditional audio sources like CD players, but the Onkyo PR-RZ5100 can connect to wireless audio sources via integrated Bluetooth, AirPlay, and Wi-Fi connectivity. An Ethernet port is also available for wired high-speed connections. Additionally, Internet connectivity allows you to access Internet streaming services such as Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, TIDAL, and TuneIn. AM and FM tuners are also built-in for free over-the-air programming.
Onkyo PR-RZ5100 is well-equipped for video sources as well as audio. This preamplifier features eight HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs, which includes support for HDCP 2.2-compliant devices on five inputs and both outputs. There are also six stereo RCA, three optical, two digital coaxial, USB, and phono inputs. Furthermore, the built-in video processor can upscale video sources to conform to 4K displays. For control flexibility, you can use the included remote control, or operate the PR-RZ5100 from your Android or iOS smart device with the free Onkyo remote App.
- Cohesive Multidimensional Sound
- AccuReflex – part of the AccuEQ room calibration suite – phase-matches height and floor-standing speakers for transparent and seamless reproduction of object-based sound. AccuEQ optimizes the entire system to suit your space without affecting front-speaker characteristics for augmented stereo listening.
- Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- Most smartphone and computer music apps let you mirror what’s playing to your PR-RZ5100 within moments using Google Cast. The receiver also features AirPlay, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi for additional wireless audio support, including DSD up to 11.2 MHz.
- Enhanced Processing
- At the heart of the PR-RZ5100 are dual Analog Devices SHARC processors capable of up to six billion operations per second. Digital-to-analog audio conversion comes courtesy of discrete AKM 32-bit DACs.
- Engineered for Hi-Res Audio
- The PR-RZ5100 is engineered for universal hi-res compatibility and ease of use. It’s easy to enjoy albums mastered in high-resolution that you’ve downloaded and stored on your computer or media server. Almost every hi-res and lossless format is supported, from gapless FLAC and WAV to ALAC and WMA. The PR-RZ5100 also handles 11.2 MHz DSD, 192/24 PCM, and Dolby TrueHD formats for enhanced depth and clarity.
- THX Ultra2 Plus Certified
- THX certification is designed to guarantee the same high-volume sound you experience in a multiplex theater. Your PR-RZ5100 processor has passed laboratory tests to ensure that its audio performance meets the standards for theater-reference sound. THX Ultra2 Plus is recommended for screen-to-seat viewing distances greater than 12′ and for room volumes 3000 cubic feet or greater.