Onkyo TX-SR494 7.2-Channel Built-In Bluetooth A/V Receiver
Onkyo TX-SR494 is equipped with four HDMI inputs and one HDMI output. The HDMI output supports ARC for the reproduction of display-based audio, such as your TV’s built-in streaming apps. Its rear-panel easy connection guide will help you connect your receiver quickly and easily.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Sound
- These two sound technologies mix audio in 3D space using object-based encoding as opposed to channel-based to help create the effect of sound moving all around you. Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X find localization cues in legacy stereo or multichannel soundtracks and upmix them to simulate 3D audio.
Virtual 3D Sound with DTS Virtual:X
- Onkyo TX-SR494 DTS Virtual:X is designed to create an immersive 3D soundfield from any speaker layout, regardless of whether height, surround, or rear speakers are installed. It uses DSP-based algorithms to place you at the center of a multidimensional soundfield with height and surround effects, and works in large or small speakers. DTS Virtual:X works in the 3D domain with DTS:X soundtracks, other DTS formats, and non-encoded stereo.
HDR & 4K Support via HDMI
- Each of the receiver’s HDMI terminals support 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, and HDCP 2.2. The HDMI output supports Audio Return Channel (ARC) for the reproduction of display-based audio, such as integrated apps. You can confirm the A/V input/output status via an OSD window.
- The receiver’s discrete amps, high-output transformer, and large capacitors are designed to deliver high current to the speakers to help provide better speaker control for fast transient response, wide dynamic range, and clear, accurate sound.
AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration with AccuReflex
- AccuEQ sets speaker parameters, such as size and distance, and sets their sound-pressure levels. It then selects the right subwoofer crossover setting and applies equalization to all your speakers. AccuReflex is designed to optimize object-based audio reproduction through Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, resolving phase-shift caused by the path differences between directional and non-directional sounds. These features combine to help improve localization and provide a 3D soundstage with vertical movement and overhead dimensionality.
Clear Dialogue with the Touch of a Button
- Onkyo TX-SR494 features DSP-controlled Vocal Enhancer that identifies vocal frequencies and allows you to raise or lower them to your taste using the keys on the remote or via the tone controls on the receiver’s front panel.
Zone B Line-Out
- The Zone B line-out lets you connect a component with an analog RCA line input to audio sources connected to the receiver, including digital audio via HDMI, optical, or digital coaxial. Share sound to a nearby space, or connect a supported transmitter for your wireless headphones to enjoy your media without disturbing those around you.
Powered Zone B Audio or Front-Channel Bi-Amping
- The Height/Surround Back outputs can alternatively be used as a Bi-Amp/Zone B speaker output to drive stereo speakers in another room with a 5.2-channel setup in the main room. They can share a source exclusively in Zone B, or play the same source in both zones. You can also bi-amp your compatible front speaker pair.
Rear-Panel Setup Guide Helps Simplify Connection
- Connections to speakers and external devices are illustrated and labeled on the back panel. Images help you read the diagram upside-down if you’re leaning over the top of the receiver.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
- Onkyo TX-SR494 Bluetooth wireless technology sends whatever is playing on your compatible mobile device, laptop, or computer to your home theater. Once the receiver has paired with and remembered your device, it can start playback automatically whenever it detects an incoming Bluetooth audio stream from that device.
Advanced Music Optimizer
- Lossy files, such as MP3s, are convenient, but data lost in the compression process results in comparatively low fidelity. Advanced Music Optimizer technology helps restore lost information for enhanced sound quality with these file types. This mode also optimizes Bluetooth streaming playback quality.
Connect and Power Your Media Streaming Device
A rear-panel USB power output supplies power to select HDMI media streaming devices, allowing you to upgrade your home theater with on-demand network entertainment without additional power cords.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer, Available via a Future Firmware Update
When playing any Dolby format, engaging the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer helps provide a more immersive listening experience by creating a virtual surround and height effect from traditional speaker layouts. This feature is scheduled to be made available via a future firmware update.