Paradigm P80-SM CI Pro Classic Collection White In-Ceiling Speaker – Each
This Paradigm P80-SM is Priced and Sold as Each – For Pair Place Twice In Cart.
The Custom Installer’s Smarter Choice.
The CI Pro™ Series is Crafted in Canada, taking performance to the next level with patented technology, step-up components, hallmark Paradigm sound quality, and a new bezel-free micro-perf grille with an incredibly discreet aesthetic.
Innovative Technology makes the Difference
- NEW X-PAL™ tweeter with exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA™) Tweeter Lens that protects the delicate pure-aluminum tweeter dome and acts as the Phase Plug, blocking out-of-phase frequencies for smoother, extended high frequencies with incredible detail and higher output.
- Our tweeter designs are cooled by the original ultra-stable Ferrofluid, made exclusively by Ferrotec. Ferrofluid is a colloidal suspension of magnetic nano particles in a liquid carrier with low volatility and high thermal stability.
- Superior Mineral-Filled Co-Polymer Polypropylene Bass/Midrage Cones Oversized computer-optimized ferrite magnets and high-power motor structures deliver detailed midrange performance with clean, extended bass. Even movie dialog is incredibly clean and clear.
- Paradigm’s patented† Active Ridge Technology (ART™) surrounds, made in-house and overmolded directly onto each cone, achieve greater excursion for a 3dB gain in distortion-free output (50% greater) compared to drivers with standard surrounds. Crafted from audiophile-grade injection-molded thermoplastic elastomer, ART™ surrounds are more durable and reliable, for a lifetime of superior sound.
† US patents: D654,479S and 8,340,340B2.
- Super-strong die-cast aluminum baskets feature integrated heat sinks for higher power handling, for better bass, better dynamics, and less power compression.
Reduced Edge Diffraction (RED™) Technology
RED™ Technology (patent pending) is a die-cast aluminum tweeter housing that significantly reduces negative effects of diffraction while improving critical midrange frequencies. The irregular edges and off-center placement break up standing waves typically found around the woofer cone and tweeter housing of traditional designs. Additionally, the aluminum structure dissipates unwanted heat which increases power handling and allows a lower crossover frequency, improving sound and reducing distortion.
Advanced Features for a Solid and Secure Installation
- Die-cast aluminum chassis, baffles (in-wall models only), and clamps add strength and rigidity for better bass and midrange, along with a more durable installation.
- NEW Rear Component Shielding protects internal parts from debris. The translucent polycarbonate material creates an installation that will not warp. Flat covers also make it easy to lie speakers down during the installation process without tipping.
- NEW Bezel-Free Micro-Perf Grilles.
- Pocketed screw holes help to hold the drill steady, making installation a snap.
- Magnetically attached grilles: neodymium magnets hold grilles firmly in place.
- Nickel-plated, spring loaded binding posts feature a larger wire hole to accept higher-gauge wire or banana plugs.
- Premium-grade components include high-power rated resistors, capacitors and heavy gauge wire inductors.
A Behind-the-Ceiling Look at Our Die-Cast Aluminum Clamps
Without any unnecessary pressure or force, each turn of the screwdriver turns the clamp. We show the starting point, we show the screwdriver working to turn the clamp, and finally, we show the speaker locked into place inside the wall or ceiling. It doesn’t get simpler or easier!
A Solid Installation
Our high-strength die-cast aluminum chassis and clamp system address the flexibility problem that plagues all walls and ceilings. Chassis stiffness combats unwanted resonances and vibrations, and equally important, the new clamp design makes the installer’s job easier and faster! Simply push the speaker into the ceiling or wall and screw it in.