Pioneer GM-ME400X4 4 Channel Marine Amplifier
Pioneer’s GM-ME400X4 is a Marine grade Class-D digital amplifier specifically designed for the marine environment, including features such as special painting, protective covers for the side panels and RCA terminal covers.
To prevent circuit shutdown, Pioneer’s GM-ME400X4 digital amplifier circuit includes a “Protection Control System” senses its internal temperature and automatically moderates input level accordingly. This design enhances the flexibility to connect multiple subwoofers to a system.
For extra flexibility, easy installation is guaranteed thank to “Automatic Signal Sensing and Turn-On”, which automatically detects an input signal and turns the amplifier on and off when connected via the speaker line input.
Variable High Pass Filters (HPF) and Low Pass Filter (LPF) means you can adjust the audio frequency more according to the speaker, subwoofer characteristics and personal listening preferences.
Big sound at sea
It takes a lot of amplifier power for your music to be heard clearly over the sounds of the water, wind, and engine noise. Pioneer’s ME-Series GM-ME400X4 four-channel marine amplifier can put out 75 watts RMS per channel, enough for everyone in and around your boat to hear the music nice and loud. You could also use this amp in 2-channel bridged mode to power a couple of subs with up to 300 watts RMS each.
Pioneer’s ME-Series Awesomeness
This amplifier’s output power matches up perfectly with Pioneer’s ME-Series TS-ME650FS and TS-ME650FC marine speakers, which are each rated for 75 watts RMS.
The amp features high- and low-pass filters to tune its output for your speakers and subwoofers, and make them sound great. Conformal-coated circuit boards and rubber connection/control covers keep water and dirt away from sensitive areas.
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier’s RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for testing amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 75 watts RMS x 4
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dBA
- Power Output:
- 2Ω: 100 watts RMS x 4 (14.4 volts, 1 kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- 1Ω: 150 watts RMS x 4 (14.4 volts, 1 kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Bridged into 4Ω: 200 watts RMS x 2 (14.4 volts, 1 kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Bridged into 2Ω: 300 watts RMS x 2 (14.4 volts, 1 kHz, ≤1.0% THD)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB (at rated power output)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 50 kHz (+0/-3 dB)
Speaker Level Input: The RCA input jacks can be used for preamp level or speaker level input signals. If connecting the source unit’s speaker to the input jacks, use the included Speaker-to-RCA adapters. When using a speaker level input signal, it may not be necessary to connect a remote turn-on lead because of the GM-ME400X4’s remote sensing function.
Pre-Output: An additional pair of RCA jacks provides a line level output for sending a signal to another amplifier. The output matches the signal at the Channel A input, and isn’t affected by the amplifier’s crossover.
Controls: The Channel A and Channel B sides of the amp have independent gain and crossover controls.
- Input Select: 2-position switch; 2-channel (all four output channels fed using one pair of inputs connected to Channel A), 4-channel (discrete inputs used for Channel A and Channel B)
- Gain: rotary control; adjustment range depends on the input type; automatically selected between 200mV to 6.5V (preamp level) and 800mV to 16V (speaker level)
- Crossover: 3-position switch; low pass, off (full range), or high pass
- Frequency: rotary control for crossover point; variable from 40 Hz to 500 Hz
- RCA Inputs: two pair of stereo RCA inputs, labeled A and B; used for both speaker level and preamp level signals
- RCA Outputs: one pair of stereo RCA outputs; outputs the signal input to Channel A
- Speaker Outputs: four pair of set-screw terminals; the terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire; the included 3mm Allen wrench is used to tighten/loosen the set screws
- Power: set-screw terminal; accepts up to 4-gauge wire; the included 3mm Allen wrench is used to tighten/loosen the set screw
- Ground: set-screw terminal; accepts up to 4-gauge wire; the included 3mm Allen wrench is used to tighten/loosen the set screw
- Remote Turn-on: set-screw terminal; accepts up to 8-gauge wire; the included 3mm Allen wrench is used to tighten/loosen the set screw
- Fuses: two 30-amp ATO fuses are mounted on the side of the amp