Polk Audio TL1 Compact High Performance Bookshelf Satellite Speaker – Black – Each
This Polk Audio TL1 is Priced and Sold as Each – For a Pair Please Add 2 to your Cart
High Performance, Compact Size, Surprising Price
Don’t settle for flat sound from your flat panel TV, and don’t miss out on the excitement of digital surround-sound in your shows, movies and games. Great surround-sound doesn’t have to take up a lot of space or cost all that much. The payback is family fun and entertainment excitement. Don’t miss out.
Advanced technology produces astonishingly realistic sound
The “TL” refers to Polk’s “Time Lens” technology, which aligns the drivers in such a way that all the sounds reach your ears at the same time. This improves the speaker’s imaging and soundstaging, so that you’ll start to forget you’re watching a movie and really feel like you’re part of it. An “acoustic lens” in the speaker grille disperses sound waves in a way that makes your movie and music soundtracks sound larger and more open.
The “aperiodic-tuned rear port” controls air flow in and out of the enclosure, much like a breathable membrane. It gives the TL1 the acoustic benefits of both a sealed and a ported enclosure, including better bass extension and a pleasing mid-bass boost. It also means you can place this speaker in the open or against a wall, and still get great sound.
Easy speaker placement
The TL1 has a keyhole slot in the back for easy mounting to your wall straight from the box. You can also use the threaded insert to attach it to an optional speaker bracket or stand. Create your own home theater system using a combination of black TL1s in the front of your room and white TL1 surrounds in the back. Or add a pair in either color to the TL1600 system to get even more engaging, seven-channel surround sound.
- The silk dome tweeter delivers a classic, clear, detailed Polk performance, with pinpoint imaging and smooth highs that are never tiring.
- Time Lens® technology aligns the acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-bass driver on the same spatial plane for superior imaging, while an acoustic lens incorporated in the grille smoothes the tweeter’s frequency response.
- The unique curved enclosure design employs non-parallel surfaces to strengthen the acoustically inert enclosure and deliver less audible coloration from internal surface resonances.
- Because of its Extended Linear Motion motor structure, the moving parts of the drivers used in the Blackstone TL Series can move farther, more smoothly, in a smaller space than any other speaker driver in an enclosure this size, achieving the kind of dynamic response (clarity, volume) you’d expect from much larger speakers.
- An aperiodic-tuned rear-firing bass port combines the extension of a ported enclosure with the smoother low-end of an acoustic suspension enclosure, controlling port air flow for the kind of big bass response, and perfect speaker-subwoofer blending, you’d never expect from a loudspeaker you can hold in the palm of your hand.
- The Blackstone aerated polypropylene cone is lightweight, but stiff and strong, with longer linear excursion capabilities in a limited compact enclosure space, so it plays louder with less distortion.
- A super-small long-throw mid-bass driver, tuned with our patented Dynamic Balance® technology, delivers astonishingly smooth, flat frequency response, superior transparency and detail, and the surprising ability to play really, really loud for such a small speaker.
- Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Hi-Gloss “Blackstone” finish, a durable, deep automotive-strength finish that matches today’s most stylish flat-panel TVs and furniture.
- Compact means go-anywhere for Blackstone TL: on shelves, on the wall, on stands. Built-in keyhole slots and threaded inserts (that fit virtually any brackets) give you multiple mounting options.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- All models in the Blackstone TL Series are available in convenient, professionally matched 5-packs for instant home theater solutions in any room. There are two complete systems available that include a subwoofer; everything you need for an explosive, compact, easy-to-connect home theater system. Plus, you can use individually-available satellites to expand your systems to accommodate 6.1, 7.1 and beyond.