Polk Audio VS 700-LS High Performance In-Ceiling Loudspeaker – Each
The Polk Audio VS 700-LS Priced and Sold as Each – For a Pair Please Add 2 to your Cart
The Polk Audio VS 700-LS “B-Stock” vanishing series in-ceiling loudspeakers feature a precision-engineered, minimally flanged design and Polk’s exclusive Sheer-Grille, which protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Stacking the woofer behind the driver unit is an innovation so extreme you won’t believe the performance that results! Full-size speaker dynamics and a small-diameter cut-out built-in that virtually disappears into your decor. The Vanishing Series puts high performance stealth audio at your fingertips. Installing virtually flush in your ceiling, the Polk Audio Vanishing Series in-ceiling loudspeakers offer a one-cut, drop-in installation and rotating cam stabilizing system. The 700-LS “B-Stock” employs a 3/4″ Dynamic Balance ring radiator tweeter for detailed highs and superb imaging.
This Polk Audio VS 700-LS “B-Stock” Vanishing Series in-ceiling surround loudspeaker employs a rear-mounted 5″ x 7″ Dynamic Balance mineral-filled polypropylene Cassini-Oval cone woofer, with rubber surround, for a smooth, consistent frequency response. The oval woofer is mounted at an angle in the enclosure, behind the midrange and tweeter, and ported out the front.
The Polk Audio VS 700-LS “B-Stock” has a 2-1/2″ Dynamic Balance aerated polypropylene cone midrange. The aerated polypropylene cone is 20% lighter than conventional polypropylene, and 35% lighter than aluminum, to give you clear midrange and high efficiency. Polk Audio’s patented Dynamic Balance technology eliminates unwanted resonances.The 700-LS has a 2-1/2″ Dynamic Balance aerated polypropylene cone midrange. The aerated polypropylene cone is 20% lighter than conventional polypropylene, and 35% lighter than aluminum, to give you clear midrange and high efficiency. Polk Audio’s patented Dynamic Balance technology eliminates unwanted resonances.
Reflective Room Compensation Control
The Reflective Room Compensation Switch, conveniently located on the front panel, allows you to digitally compensate for harsh reflective surfaces, such as smooth walls, glass windows, and hardwood floors. The filter doesn’t merely reduce high frequencies, it simply cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range where room acoustics most often interfere with performance.
A real standout — but practically invisible
Polk’s Vanishing® Series 700-LS in-ceiling speaker is designed to stay out of sight and out of mind…until you hear the rich, detailed sound it produces. This high-performance speaker hides away in your ceiling, which means you can enjoy great sound in rooms where regular free-standing speakers are an awkward fit.
Advanced 3-way design
The secret to the 700-LS’s compact cutout size lies in Polk’s innovative “Cassini Oval” driver design, which positions an oval-shaped woofer at an angle behind the midrange and tweeter array, in a built-in dual-ported bandpass enclosure. The woofer’s increased surface area and rigid cast basket combine for deep musical bass. This speaker also features Polk’s own advanced version of the classic “ring radiator” tweeter for smooth, detailed highs, along with a 2-1/2″ Dynamic Balance midrange driver, for accurate response across a wide frequency range.
A wall distance toggle switch lets you compensate for boominess due to installation near a side wall. You also get a tweeter attenuation switch to help you get balanced sound in rooms with lots of reflective surfaces.
Mix and match with Polk’s free-standing LSi M speakers
Use a pair of 700-LS in-ceiling speakers to listen to music in the den, or add more for a great sounding home theater. Vanishing Series LS speakers are voice-matched to Polk’s renowned free-standing LSi M 707 speakers, so you can combine these in-ceiling speakers with in-walls or free-standing speakers and get harmonious results.
An optional in-ceiling bracket is recommended for installing the 700-LS speaker in a home with new construction.
- Extra deep well design with a Cassini oval woofer mounted above and behind the main driver & tweeter array, for broad coverage and dynamic full-range audio performance in a built-in.
- Polk Audio VS 700-LS “B-Stock” Vanishing Series built-in speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Painted to match your décor, Polk Audio VS 700-LS “B-Stock” Vanishing Series built-in speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Reflective surfaces in rooms can make sound brighter and cause image distortion. Engaging the Vanishing reflective room compensation feature (by selecting the low setting) lowers the tweeter level to compensate for reflective surfaces. Vanishing reflective room compensation is a custom audio control that cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range, exactly where reflectivity destroys sound quality. Outside this narrow 1kHz band, the tweeter retains its detailed and accurate high frequency response, for no loss of realistic musical details.
- The Polk Audio VS 700-LS “B-Stock” speakers are timbre-matched to Polk LSi speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- If positioning limitations demand that your loudspeakers be installed closer than 2 feet from side walls, the proximity of the surface can result in a response bump between 50 and 200Hz. This can create boomy sound. The Vanishing wall distance toggle switch is a custom audio control that adjusts the crossover to flatten response and tune out boominess, without sacrificing deep bass response, for more lifelike sound and more flexible placement.
- Dual bandpass bass ports are highly efficient in small enclosures, and smoothly funnels the angled woofer’s low frequencies down around the driver array, eliminating “chuffing,” so your small, practically invisible in-ceiling speakers achieve superior full-range blending and broad coverage with surprisingly deep bass.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.