Polk Audio VS 900-LS Full-Range High Performance In-Ceiling Loudspeaker – Each
This Item Priced and Sold as Each – For a Pair Please Add 2 to your Cart
Mount the Polk Audio VS 900-LS ‘B-Stock’ woofer behind your main driver array, and suddenly you’re able to extend a speaker’s dynamic range into previously unexplored areas! Especially for a built-in in-ceiling speaker. The Polk Audio VS 900-LS delivers surprisingly broad coverage and bold, full-range audio performance. Big enough to use as stealth mains, stealthy enough to use as hidden surrounds or alternate-zone speakers. Vanishing Series built-in speakers feature Polk’s exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
The Polk Audio VS 900-LS ‘B-Stock’ Vanishing Series in-ceiling loudspeakers feature a precision-engineered, minimally flanged design and Polk’s exclusive Sheer-Grille, which protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Installing virtually flush in your ceiling, the Polk Audio Vanishing Series in-ceiling loudspeakers offer a one-cut, drop-in installation and rotating cam stabilizing system. The Vanishing LS series in-ceiling speakers are timbre-matched to Polk Audio’s flagship LSi and LSiM series loudspeakers for seamless blending from speaker to speaker when you’re building a speaker system.
The Polk Audio Vanishing Series and Polk Audio VS 700-LS ‘B-Stock’ in-ceiling surround loudspeaker employs a rear-mounted 5″ x 7″ Dynamic Balance mineral-filled polypropylene Cassini-Oval cone woofer, with rubber surround, for a smooth, consistent frequency response. The oval woofer is mounted at an angle in the enclosure, behind the midrange and tweeter, and ported out the front.
The Polk Audio VS 700-LS ‘B-Stock’ has a 2-1/2″ Dynamic Balance aerated polypropylene cone midrange. The aerated polypropylene cone is 20% lighter than conventional polypropylene, and 35% lighter than aluminum, to give you clear midrange and high efficiency. Polk Audio’s patented Dynamic Balance technology eliminates unwanted resonances.
Ring Radiator Tweeter
The Polk Audio VS 700-LS ‘B-Stock’ employs a 3/4″ Dynamic Balance ring radiator tweeter for detailed highs and superb imaging.
Wall Distance Toggle Switch
If you mount the in-ceiling loudspeakers closer than 2 feet from a side wall, the proximity of the surface can elevate the midbass response between 50 and 200Hz, causing a boomy sound. To compensate, the 700-LS is equipped with the Vanishing Wall Distance Toggle switch, located on the front panel. The filter adjusts the crossover to flatten the response, and tune out the boominess, without sacrificing the deep bass response of the speaker. The switch is labeled “Wall Dist.” with two positions: in (<2′) and out (>2′).”
Audiophile Performance, Cutting-edge Stealth Design
Mount your woofer behind your main driver array, and suddenly you’re able to extend a speaker’s dynamic range into previously unexplored areas! Especially for a built-in in-ceiling speaker. The 900-LS delivers surpisingly broad coverage and bold, full-range audio performance. Big enough to use as stealth mains, stealthy enough to use as hidden surrounds or alternate-zone speakers.
- The full-range 3-way driver array means you get full-size speaker performance in a built-in!
- Extra deep well design with a Cassini oval woofer mounted above and behind the main driver & tweeter array, for broad coverage and dynamic full-range audio performance in a small diameter built-in.
- Vanishing® Series built-in speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Painted to match your décor, Vanishing Series built-in speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Reflective surfaces in rooms can make sound brighter and cause image distortion. Engaging the Vanishing reflective room compensation feature (by selecting the low setting) lowers the tweeter level to compensate for reflective surfaces. Vanishing reflective room compensation is a custom audio control that cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range, exactly where reflectivity destroys sound quality. Outside this narrow 1kHz band, the tweeter retains its detailed and accurate high frequency response, for no loss of realistic musical details.
- Vanishing Series LS speakers are timbre-matched to Polk LSi speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- If positioning limitations demand that your loudspeakers be installed closer than 2 feet from side walls, the proximity of the surface can result in a response bump between 50 and 200Hz. This can create boomy sound. The Vanishing wall distance toggle switch is a custom audio control that adjusts the crossover to flatten response and tune out boominess, without sacrificing deep bass response, for more lifelike sound and more flexible placement.
- Dual bandpass bass ports are highly efficient in small enclosures, and smoothly funnels the angled woofer’s low frequencies down around the driver array, eliminating “chuffing,” so your small, practically invisible in-ceiling speakers achieve superior full-range blending and broad coverage with surprisingly deep bass.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.