PSB CW50R 5.25″ In-Ceiling Speakers – Pair
PSB CW50R 5.25″ In-Ceiling Speakers are Priced and Sold as a Pair
The PSB pedigree shows through in the CW50Rs ability to sound real. Whether the instrument is a screaming guitar, a hushed voice, or a booming cannon, its presence will be palpable. The 5-1/4″ woofer pairs with a 3/4″ rotating tweeter to deliver striking sound to large and small listening areas. They’re voice-matched for use with cabinet-built PSBs and of course, they’ll mesh with PSB’s in-wall and in-ceiling speakers, too. Any way you choose you’ll be delighted with the results.
- Overview: The CW50R from PSB Speakers is a pair of high-performance ceiling-mount speakers. The CustomSound CW Series of in-wall/in-ceiling speakers incorporate the same speaker arrays as found in PSB’s highly acclaimed Platinum-series speakers for true audiophile performance.
- Drivers: The CW50R speakers employ a 5-1/4″ fiberglass-textured polypropylene woofer, which has a higher cone mass and enhanced motor strength for higher power handling. The rubber surround damps resonance and provides exceptional durability. The low-resonance 3/4″ aluminum dome tweeter delivers exceptional clarity in the high frequencies. The tweeter has a pivoting mount, allowing it to be aimed towards the listening area for best response.
- Frames: The white ABS plastic frames extend approximately 3/4″ beyond the grilles on the finished side. The frames also extend about 5/8″ beyond the rough opening cutout. The speaker requires a 6-1/2″ cutout in the ceiling or wall for mounting the speaker.
- Grilles: The speakers are equipped with flush-mount aluminum grilles for a clean and unobtrusive look. The grilles have hundreds of precisely-sized perforations to make them acoustically transparent. The grilles and frames are paintable to match any decor. Self-adhesive “PSB Speakers” logo badges are also included.
- Mounting Clamps: The CW50Rs have 4 toggle-style mounting clamps for installing the speakers in the wall or ceiling. When a Phillips-head screwdriver is first applied to the mounting screws, the clamps “toggle” out from a rest position (out of the way for easy insertion), turning 90 degrees and into a position to clamp firmly against the wall.
- Pre-construction Bracket: For new construction, the optional CK50R pre-construction bracket is recommended (available from the manufacturer). The bracket is designed to be a “hole-saver” to indicate where the speaker should be installed before the drywall goes up. In addition, an optional BBX-88 Performance Enclosure (available from the manufacturer) defines the optimal enclosure volume for the CustomSound series speakers, and mounts between two studs behind drywall.
- Weather Resistant: The CW50R is weather resistant to enable installation in moist environments, such as bathrooms or indoor pool areas, or outdoors in porch ceilings or under eaves. The polypropylene cones with rubber surrounds, stainless steel fasteners, aluminum grilles and ABS plastic frames can withstand moisture, but the back of the speaker should be protected. The speakers should not be installed in an area that is totally exposed to the weather.