Sony STR-DN1080 7.2 Channel Home Theatre AV Receiver | Crossroads IC60-H In-Ceiling Speakers x5
Sony STR-DN1080 7.2 Channel Home Theatre AV Receiver
The Sony STR-DN1080 has been designed with flexible speaker solutions that work around your environment, so that you get the best audio experience whatever your setup.
VERSATILE. SOPHISTICATED. POWERFUL.
Featuring flexible speaker solutions, DTS:X and Dolby® Atmos support, the Sony STR-DN1080 delivers mighty, cinematic surround sound that perfectly adapts to you, and your environment.
BE AT THE HEART OF THE ACTION – DISCOVER DOLBY® ATMOS
Dolby® Atmos delivers breathtaking realism with 360° surround sound, accurately positioning sound within your environment so that the 7.1.2 speaker channels (including Phantom Surround Back) completely envelop you in sound—even from above.
EXPERIENCE LIFELIKE AUDIO – DISCOVER DTS:X
DTS-X decoding delivers multi-dimensional surround sound that adapts to your speaker configuration in real time. Sounds can be positioned precisely around and above you thanks to 9 speaker channels (including Phantom Surround speakers) and object-based audio decoding.
EXPERIENCE FULL 360° SOUND – DISCOVER PHANTOM SURROUND BACK
The Phantom Surround Back speaker setting replicates the immersive sound of physical surround back speakers, enabling you to enjoy a 7 channel surround sound experience with only a 5 channel speaker setup.
EXPERIENCE FULL CINEMATIC QUALITY
Pioneering sound field technology combines advanced auto calibration with seamless speaker relocation, producing breathtaking cinematic sound unlike anything you’ve experienced at home.
SEE CLEARLY WITH HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE
By supporting High Dynamic Range (HDR) signal pass-through, you can enjoy the incredible jump in image contrast and brightness it brings—and the additional shadow detail and highlights further enhance picture detail and brings colours to life.
HIGH-RESOLUTION AUDIO FILE FORMATS
The Sony STR-DN1080 supports a wide variety of High-Resolution Audio formats, including both DSD and Linear PCM. What’s more, playback is possible with USB, HDMI and DLNA connectivity, and multi-channel capabilities let you incorporate the high quality sound into an immersive surround system.
Easily access your music
Enjoy easy access to a wealth of music and more, thanks to Chromecast built-in (previously Google Cast™) 2 and Spotify Connect.
STREAM WITH CHROMECAST BUILT-IN
Stream music, podcasts and radio from 100+ audio apps, including Google Play Music and more.
For a truly dynamic home entertainment setup, there are six HDMI inputs and two outputs, a front USB port, optical digital and analogue AV connections. So you can connect your TV, Blu-ray Disc player, smartphone and more, quickly and easily.
LDAC: FOR THE TRANSMISSION OF HIGH-RESOLUTION AUDIO CONTENT
LDAC transmits approximately three times more data (at the maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth® Audio, which allows you to enjoy High-Resolution Audio content in exceptional sound quality near to High-Resolution Audio.1
SOUND THAT STAYS WITH YOU – STREAM MUSIC THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE WITH SONGPAL LINK
Listen to the same great song all around the house with multi-room listening, controlled via the SongPal app. Use SongPal Link to group compatible Sony sound systems, then stream music in multiple rooms.
QUALITY PARTS FOR SUPERIOR SOUND
Every component in the Sony STR-DN1080 has been designed for optimal sound quality.
- The fortified metal framework and heat sink bracket shield the circuits from sound pressure and radiation, allowing them to achieve clearer sound quality.
- The ES grade sound quality solder uses high purity tin base mixed with small amount of specially chosen metal elements, producing a sound that is tight and refined.
- The pre-amplifier IC CXD9003 eliminates interference and enables stable amplification to realise high-quality sound with rich low frequencies.
- DSD playback without any conversion enables the actual DSD content to be played back as-is, without losing any of its original purity.
- Newly developed high audio-quality surface mounted electrolytic capacitors, together with a more robust DAC power source and optimized substrate patterning, help to achieve a stable low range with high-resolution.
- The high quality surface-mounted resistor uses pure copper electrodes to attain high volume data conductivity for rich, vivid audio quality, and is designed to address the limited space of high-density circuitry.
- The new pre-amp goes way beyond other receivers in this class for optimum High-Resolution Audio delivery. A single-point ground and independent power supply promotes purer sound with less interference.
- For greater stability and output power a glass-epoxy circuit board is used. Unlike cheaper resin boards, internal vibrations are reduced for less distortion, so you just get clear high power from each of the discrete amplifiers.
- Specifically designed for audio from HDMI sources, vacuum-sealed oscillators prevent signal jitter and ensure high resolution music and surround sound formats are faithfully reproduced with a wide sound stage.
- The Sony STR-DN1080 has a combination of carefully tuned analogue and digital circuitry reduces jitter to ensure accurate real-time audio processing.
- Each digital device has its own analogue voltage regulator to keep high frequency noise from distorting the analogue signal.
- Audio component – Pure audio grade components
- The pure audio grade block capacitor and resistors are less susceptible to interference, delivering superior sound imaging to your Sony STR-DN1080.
- A reinforced frame and beam chassis design reduces external speaker sound pressure for more focused, powerful sound.
- Care and attention to the highest quality audio starts with the power transformer. Internal wiring is vacuum-coated for uncoloured sound, and a specially developed copper and steel shield ensures powerful bass and accurate vocal frequencies.
- 3 powerful digital signal processors support the latest 3D surround sound formats, ensuring the highest accuracy in signal decoding.
Crossroads IC60-H In-Ceiling Speakers x5
The Crossroads IC60-H in-ceiling speakers are made with glass fiber cone woofer and titanium dome tweeter that produce deep, rich, thumping bass and crystal clear sound. The grill is easy to snap onto the frame of speaker. The grill and frame of speaker may be painted to go with the interior decor of your house. This in-ceiling speaker series can be used for stereo or home theater with discrete A/V receiver or amplifier. It’s commonly installed indoors. You would never miss any crisp, clean and dynamic sound with this high-precision speaker.
Seiko’s obsession with audio products has not kept Crossroads away from fashion, and is highly recognized by international design competition platforms such as Red Dot in structure and appearance design. “From complexity to simplicity”, Crossroads.
EXCELLENT SOUND QUALITY
Crossroads is obsessed with audio product research and development, pursuing accurate, clean and smart sound. And Crossroads attaches great importance to listening to the ears for a long time, so that the treble is crisp and neat, the midrange is slowly gurgling, and the bass is heavy and not noisy. People will not feel tired for long-lasting listening, which is part of the Crossroads sound quality (EAR) ear program.
Crossroads and Microlab, a well-known domestic speaker brand, share the research and development results of each other’s acoustic technology, “net listening technology”, “cloud playback-multi-room wireless audio technology”, unique box structure erection, aluminum belt tweeter and so on. The deep background of technology makes Crossroads more prominent in the audio market.
In 2008, Paul Bente (formerly JBL President) founded Crossroads in the United States. Paul Bente and his team are devoted to the development and application of speakers. With more than thirty years of industry precipitation and accumulation, the brand has stubbornly maintained a very critical and pure pursuit of sound quality from the day of its birth.