Technics SL-1200MK7 Direct Drive Turntable System | Spin-Clean SPINSYS2 Record Washer
Technics SL-1200MK7 Direct Drive Turntable System
The direct drive system uses a slow-turning motor to directly drive the platter. This system has various advantages. It offers high performance, such as rotation accuracy and powerful torque, does not require replacement of parts and maintains high reliability over a long period of time. On the other hand, the direct drive system was said to produce a rotation irregularity called cogging. For the SL-1200MK7, a new coreless direct drive motor was developed. This motor employs a coreless stator. The removal of the core (iron core) from the stator eliminated the root cause of cogging. Furthermore, the magnetic force of the rotor magnets was improved to the highest possible level, and the gap between the coreless stator and rotor magnets was optimised, thus achieving high-torque-performance equaling that of the SL-1200MK5. Boasting smooth rotation and powerful torque, this motor reproduces sound accurately and faithfully from the groove on an analogue record.
Torque / Brake Speed Adjustment
The newest digital motor control technology, accumulated through the development of Blu-ray disc products, is applied to improve adjustment by allowing the torque and brake speed to be adjusted individually in four steps.
The Pitch Control Function
The pitch control function allows fine adjustment of the rotation speed within ±8 % / ±16 %. It does this through digital control, from positional detection of the slider to rotational control of the motor, eliminating the unnecessary DA conversion. This greatly improves tracking performance to achieve accurate and stable pitch adjustment.
Reverse Play Function
The reverse play function, which brings forth new possibilities of creative performance, makes its first appearance in the SL-1200 Series. In addition to 33-1/3 rpm and 45 rpm, a rotation speed of 78 rpm is supported.
*The torque / brake speed adjustment, rotation speed switch, and reverse play can be adjusted by switches on the main unit.
High Sensitive Tonearm
The tonearm, which has continued to support the leading edge of the DJ scene for many years, inherits the highly reliable static-balance universal S-shape tonearm. Using high-precision bearings, it achieves a higher initial-motion sensitivity than the SL-1200MK6. This accurately tracks the groove on the phonorecord to assure excellent tracking performance with minimum stylus jumping even in harsh playing conditions such as scratching.
Stylus Illuminator Featuring a High-brightness and Long-life White LED
The stylus illuminator features a new push-type structure for intuitive operation, and employs a high-brightness and long-life white LED. The illumination area and intensity were reviewed to provide improved visibility of the stylus tip even in a dark environment.
Spin-Clean SPINSYS2 Record Washer MKII (Deluxe Kit)
- EASY TO USE – Easily deep-clean both sides of your vinyl records at the same time. No power or installation required. Don’t worry about the noise of motorized vacuum record cleaning system.
- CLEANS ALL VINYL TYPES – Spin-Clean washes 33, 45, and 78 records. With the Deluxe Kit, you’ll have enough materials to clean up to 6300 records! Compact size to allow for easy storage.
- PROPRIETARY CLEANING SOLUTION – Spin-Clean operates using specially formulated alcohol-free, new MK3 vinyl record cleaning fluid (4oz). Cleaning solution is a concentrate not viable on its own. It needs to be diluted in the base of the spin clean.
- INCLUDED IN KIT – Patented vinyl record washer basin and lid and compact size to allow for easy storage. Two (2) bottles of specially formulated alcohol-free, MK3 vinyl record cleaning fluid (4oz. + extra 32oz.). Two (2) pairs of premium MKII removable, cleanable, record-cleaning brushes. One (1) pair of durable MKII rollers which can be used to accommodate LPs, 45s, and 78 RPMs. Seven (7) super soft, lint-free drying cloths won’t scratch your records.
- MADE IN USA – Limited Lifetime Warranty.
With our patented Spin-Clean® MKII Record Washer Deluxe Kit, you’ll have everything you need and more to clean and maintain your LPs. Whether you’re a beginner or have been collecting vinyl records for years, the MKII is incredibly effective, easy to set up and use, and offers tremendous value.