Returns and Exchanges 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
The quality of our products and your happiness is guaranteed. You may return or exchange eligible items in their original condition and packaging within 30 days.
How do I return a product?
Step 1 – Call or email us
Step 2 – Pack Carefully
Please secure all returns and exchanges in the original manufacturer’s packaging and box with all accessories and manuals. We recommend double boxing your return by securing the manufacturer’s box inside of another box designed for shipping. A safely packaged and complete return is less likely to incur a restocking fee. Be sure to remove or cover any old shipping labels on the shipping box. Keep all your original packing material in case of a need to return the item.
Step 3 – Ship the item back to us
Please ship your return to the address provided with your RAN#. We recommend using an insured and trackable shipping method as we cannot be responsible for anything lost or damaged on its way back to us. If you received a prepaid shipping label with your RAN#, affix the label to the outside of your shipping box and call the carrier listed to pick up your product.
After your return is received, we’ll refund your original payment method (less any return or restocking fees if applicable*). Refunds are issued to the original method of payment within 5 business days of return.
What if my product is damaged?
If your product arrives damaged, please call us right away at 1-866-696-7189 . Shipping damage must be reported within 48 hours of delivery to ensure a replacement or refund can be issued.
Freight & Oversize Return Fees: Items originally shipped via free scheduled delivery/specialty motor freight require special shipping and will incur return fees (starting at $150). Oversize items include but are not limited to TVs over 43″, select subwoofers and floorstanding speakers, furniture, and most items over 75 pounds. Returns for an exchange will also incur return fees. For return fee details, please call 1-866-696-7189 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Restocking Fees: A partial refund may be given or the return may be refused in the event merchandise;
- Is not returned in its original condition or complete packaging
- Has been installed
- Is missing parts, cables are cut or terminated,
- Has serial number missing or is different from the one shipped
- Is damaged during return shipment due to improper packing.
- If the product is returned in a substantially different condition than when it was shipped out the return could be subject to restocking charges of between 20-50% and/or the refund could be refused.
- Bonus products, promotional bundles, free accessories, loyalty points, gift cards or other products that are not returned, but were included in a promotion with the product returned, will be deducted at the value of their full individually listed price from any credit or refund issued.
- Promotional products that are returned without their corresponding bundled product may not be credited.
- If you purchased an item as part of a “Bundle Package”, you may return that item separately. However, if you break up the bundle by returning one item, the price of all items in the bundle will revert to their regular selling price as if purchased individually. Therefore, you will receive a refund for the returned item that is less than the price you paid for it when you purchased it as part of a bundle.
Final Sale* & Non-Returnable items: All items listed as special order, custom order, and final sale merchandise are non returnable.- see complete list below
Refused Shipments: Packages refused for any reason other than shipping damages will be subject to return fees.
We recommend that you keep ALL original packing material for at least 30 days in case you need to return the item for any reason, and for the length of the warranty period in case it needs to be shipped for warranty repairs.
If your product doesn’t seem to function properly
We’re here to help! Call us Toll Free at 1-866-696-7189 during regular business hours and we’ll troubleshoot to determine how to solve the problem over the phone. If we can’t help solve the problem by phone, we’ll make arrangements for a return.
- If you need setup help or technical assistance, Call Us Toll FREE; 1--866-696-7189. Our trained A/V experts are a great resource during regular business hours which can be found on our website at www.gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca.
Returns If your product has a Manufacturers Defect (Not Physical Damage);
If you discover a Manufacturers Defect (Not Physical Damage) within 30 days of your purchase date, we will provide you with a prepaid shipping label to return the product to us. Once the product is returned and the defect confirmed we will process a refund.
- When your product is returned we will open it and perform factory authorized tests to determine if it is Defective.
- Once the product is confirmed as Defective we will proceed with the refund.
- If the product is NOT found to be Defective it will be returned to you at your expense including all shipping charges incurred.
Physical Damage must be reported to us within 48 hours of receiving your product.
Please notify us Toll-Free: 1-866-696-7189 to report any Physical Shipping Damage. Physical Damage claims will not be processed if not reported within 48 hours of receiving your shipment. Open and inspect your shipment within 48 hours of receiving your item. Internal damage claims will only be considered if reported within 48 hours of receiving your product.
Using our Return Shipping Label
Once your RAN# number is issued for your Damaged product an email will be sent out to you containing your Prepaid Return Shipping Label. The label is only valid for 5 days and is specifically coded by each shipment. Simply print the Prepaid Shipping Label, prepare your product to be shipped, and call the carrier to pick up your product.
*Final Sale Items – We are unable to accept returns or exchanges on the following items:
- Any Television that is deemed to fall under the manufacturers “pinched panel” policy that is damaged from mishandling of the product. It is at the sole discretion of the manufacturer to refuse to refund, replace or warranty any TV deemed to be a “pinched panel” . Call the store for full details before unpacking a television to review the “pinched panel” policy and procedure for unpacking all televisions. Handling instructions to avoid “pinched panel” issues are included with the shipment of the television. Please take extreme care in handling of your television and review with anyone who might be unpacking or installing your TV for you.
- Products with a different or altered serial number and/or UPC shown on your Gibbys Electronic Supermarket Invoice and our internal records.
- Products that are missing the original manufacturer’s packaging or original packaging has been damaged or tampered with.
- Consumables in the form of batteries, lamps, software, turntable styli or light bulbs.
- Damaged tone arms or turntable styli out of the box are referred to the manufacturer for warranty validity.
- Installed car audio products or custom home installed products.
- Installed in-ceiling speakers or subwoofers.
- Any sign of use – including installation, scratches, or other signs of use such as physical marking, painted grills, screw holes, cut wires or similar will render the product as non-returnable.
- Mounted or used subwoofer enclosures and speaker boxes.
- Original boxes, packaging, or manuals have been written on or defaced and cannot be reused.
- AV furniture that has been assembled or removed from its original packaging.
- No returns will be accepted on any opened ear bud headphones for sanitary reasons.
Returns to Our Retail Store
If you’re in the Niagara Region area you may return your item to our store in person following the details listed above.
If You Have Concerns or Questions
Please call us at 1-866-696-7189 before you purchase so we can answer your questions and make sure you are comfortable. We have earned top customer service awards because we consistently make our customers happy.