Gibbys Electronic Supermarket Terms and Conditions / Return / Exchange / Refund Policy
Terms and Conditions
Please note that, for security reasons, we will only ship to the verified address of the credit card and or the PayPal account holder for each transaction and is processed through our on line payment system. If you wish to change the shipping address a new transaction would have to be completed. Your order is thoroughly reviewed by our processing Department to ensure that the order is accurate, the payment method is valid, and you are authorized to use this payment method. Once your order has been approved it is sent to our warehouse for shipment. The product is shipped as soon as the order is processed and the inventory is available. For current product inventory and availability please call the store direct at 1-877-761-6354. If a product is out of stock in our warehouse, we may be unable to obtain a precise date of availability from the manufacturer. However, we try our best to confirm availability dates and communicate that to you as soon as possible.
All new products sold through Gibbys Electronic Supermarket come with an original manufacturers warranties and are valid at all authorized service depots across Canada. If you cannot find a local service depot you can call Gibbys Electronic Supermarket toll free at 1-877-761-6354 and we can help you locate the closest authorized service depot to you. Gibbys Electronic Supermarket is an authorized dealer for all brands that it sells. Goods can be returned to Gibbys Electronic Supermarket (shipping charges are customers responsibility) to fulfill Canadian warranties or sent to an authorized manufacturers service depot in Canada with your original bill of sale. To find an authorized service depot you can call Gibbys Electronic Supermarket at 1-877-761-6354 and we can help locate a service depot in your area.
Gibbys Electronic Supermarket occasionally offers “B Stock” products, and they will be clearly marked in the description of the product if they are “B Stock”. All “B Stock” products come with warranties that vary depending on the manufacturer and you can follow this link for details. Otherwise all items sold by Gibbys Electronic Supermarket are brand new factory sealed items with full manufacturer’s warranties valid at any authorized manufacturers service depots across Canada.
Any warranty repairs must be returned with a copy of the original bill of sale or sent to an authorized service depot in Canada. Warranty cards are not sufficient.
If you ship the product to us to facilitate the repair, we pay for shipping the repaired product back to you. You pay for getting the product to us for repair.
Shipping Charges and Shipping Estimate Charges
Shipping charges are an estimate only during the checkout process. If the charges total more than the shipping estimate*, we will contact you to approve these additional shipping charges. The shipment of orders to certain remote locations, containing but not limited to postal codes starting with the following: (A0A-A9Z, B0A-B9Z, C0A-C9Z, E0A-E9Z, G0B-G0L, G0T-G0W, G3L-G4Z, J0M-J0M, J9E-J9E, J9K-J9Z, T0A-T0B, T0E-T1X, T6W-T7W, T8P-T8Z, T9G-T9Z, V0A-V0L, V0N-V1L, V1N-V2V, V3G-V3G, V8A-V8K, V9G-V9Z, X0A – X9Z, Y0A – Y9Z) may have additional costs associated with the shipments.
How to Unpack Your TV To Avoid Panel Damage
>>How to Properly Unpack your TV<<
What if I live in the Far North or a very isolated area?
For some shipping addresses located in the three territories of Canada or in isolated rural areas, the actual shipping charge on larger items such as televisions, stands or large speakers may exceed those that are calculated at the time you place your order and indicated as shipping estimate*. Once we receive your order, we will get an exact quote for shipping and notify you of any extra charges prior to shipping your order.
*Call Gibbys Electronic Supermarket for full details of large sized products or products of 75 pounds or more at 1-877-761-6354. You can call us during regular business hours to get an actual shipping cost on any item before you place the order on-line as well.
Shipping time: 3 to 7 Business Days.
Gibbys Electronic Supermarket generally ships all in stock product the next business day of a verified order and should arrive to most customers in Canada within 3 to 7 business days, with the exception of holidays and shipping company holiday closures.
Before initiating a return please follow the important guidelines listed below:
- Please call us first so we can give you a Return Authorization Number (RAN). Returns without this pre authorization will take significantly longer or possible refusal of the returned item. Local: (905) 685-7611 | Toll Free : 1 877 761 6354
Troubleshooting – Before returning your purchase, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Have you tried turning it off and on again?
- If you need setup help or technical assistance, please call our trained A/V experts for professional help during regular store hours which can be found online at gibbysesm.ca or you can call us toll free 1-877-761-6354
- Have you checked the troubleshooting tips provided in the owner’s manual? There are usually great suggestions from the manufacturer listed here that answer frequently asked questions.
You may return most new, factory-sealed or open like new merchandise purchased from Gibbys Electronic Supermarket, within 15 days of purchase for a refund or you may exchange most new, factory-sealed or open like new merchandise within 30 days of purchase. Unfortunately, shipping charges cannot be refunded. Refunds will be made by the same means as the original purchase, other than cash, in which case a cheque will be issued and could take up to 3-4 days to process after the return has been approved. Additional fees may be assessed for missing accessories, original factory box and or original factory packaging.
We recommend that you keep all the packing material for a minimum of 30 days in case a return or exchange are necessary.
Before initiating a return please follow the important guidelines listed below:
- Please call us first so we can give you a Return Authorization Number (RAN). Shipping and handling to return an item are the responsibility of the customer. We recommend using an insured and track able shipping method as we cannot be responsible for anything lost or damaged on its way back to us.
- Call us Local: 905- 685-7611 | Toll Free: 1-877-761-6354
- Refunds will be issued in the same manner as the original form of payment (credit card, PayPal, etc.) other than cash, in which case a cheque will be issued and could take up to 3-4 days to process.
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Please note that additional fees may apply in the event of missing parts or accessories.
- All returns/exchanges must be accompanied by the original receipt (invoice) from your purchase
- Please ship your return to the address provided with your RAN#.
- Gibbys Electronic Supermarket will open inspect and test the item after it’s been received and can take 3-4 days to get checked before the refund is processed. (any returned product will be opened and checked for accessories , damage, missing packaging and fully tested before a refund is issued)
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns or exchanges on the following items:
- Special Order or made-to-order products and Custom cut-to-length audio or video cable
- Products with a different or altered serial number or UPC than what was fulfilled on your order
- Products that are missing any or all of the original manufacturer’s packaging or that original packaging has been damaged or missing, or original boxes , packaging or manuals have been written on or defaced and unsaleable.
- Cellular phones cannot be returned after 15 minutes usage, along with any product that requires an activation or contract cannot be returned or exchanged unless otherwise stated.
- AV furniture that has been assembled or removed from its original packaging
- Consumables in the form of batteries, lamps, software, light bulbs, projector bulbs ,turntable styli
- No returns will be accepted on any opened ear bud headphones for sanitary reasons.
- Installed car audio products or custom home installed products.
- Any sign of use of car audio or custom home products- including installation, scratches, or other signs of use such as physical marking, painted grills, screw holes, cut wiring harnesses or similar would not be returnable
- Mounted or used subwoofer enclosures and speaker boxes.
- Blown, punctured or fried speakers, subwoofers and amplifiers.
IMPORTANT: Products must be new and show no signs of use or installation or Gibbys Electronic Supermarket will refuse the return and or charge a restocking fee.
Bonus products, promotional bundles, free accessories, loyalty points and gift cards or other products that are not returned, but were included in a promotion with the product returned, will be deducted at their full individually listed price from any credit or refund issued. Similarly, promotional products that are returned without their corresponding bundled product may not be credited.
Replacement or Returns of Damaged of Defective Items
When you receive your shipment
If there is any evidence of external damage, please refuse the shipment and mark it on the bill of lading that it was refused due to the damage and call us right away, Toll Free at 1-877 -761-6354. Any shortage or damage must be reported within 48 hours of delivery by calling 1-877-761-6354 and emailing us at email@example.com
Open and Inspect
Please unpack and inspect your shipment within 48 hours of receiving your shipment. If there are any internal damages please contact us at 1-877-761-6354. Gibbys Electronic Supermarket must make a claim to the shipping company within those 48 hours of the customer receiving their shipment, therefore it is imperative that you check the contents of the package within those 48 hours. There are no further claims allowed for internal damage after the 48-hour period of receiving the shipment. If within 48 hours of receiving your product, and internal damage is found, call Gibbys Electronic Supermarket toll free and we will issue an RAN# (return authorization number) and arrange to have the product picked up and a new unit will be sent to you at our expense. All items considered for replacement must be returned in original as new condition, complete with all packaging materials and accessories.
Defective merchandise will be replaced within 30 days of purchase with a comparable item upon return of the defective merchandise providing you still have the original manufacturer box and packaging. Shipping charges will be at our expense in the case of a defective item. Please unpack and inspect your shipment within 48 hours of delivery. If there are any internal shipping damages please contact us at 1-877-761-6354 and or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . There are no further claims allowed for internal damage after the 48 hours of receiving your shipment. All items considered for replacement must be returned in the original packaging with all packaging materials and accessories. Please note that additional fees may apply in the event of missing parts, accessories, packaging or the return could be refused.
Using our Return Mailing Label
Once your RAN number is issued an email will be sent out to you containing your Return Mailing Label. The label is only valid for 5 days and is specifically coded by each shipment and is valid within Canada only. Our Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Returning New & Like-new items
Gibbys Electronic Supermarket will accept returns of factory-sealed or open like-new merchandise within the terms of our policy. The original manufacturer’s packaging is required for a refund. Refunds will be made in the same manner as the original form of payment (Credit Card, PayPal, Cheque, etc.). Please note that additional fees may apply in the event of missing parts or accessories. Refunds are valid and available for 15 days from the original purchase date. Exchanges are valid for 30 days from the original purchase.
Returning TVs & Other Large items
When you receive your package from us we recommend that you keep all packing material for at least 30 days in case you need to return it.
- If your package was damaged in shipping
we’ll have our carrier contact you to schedule a return. If the package was obviously damaged at the time of delivery, please refuse the delivery and call us at 1-877-761-6354 right away.
- If your TV does not seem to functioning properly
we’ll gladly help troubleshoot and determine how to solve the problem. If we can’t fix it, we’ll arrange for service department to assess the television. If that department doesn’t resolve the issue, we’ll have our carrier contact you to schedule an exchange or return.
- If you just don’t like it
we’ll accept your return; we just ask that you pay for the return shipping and any associated processing fees. You’ll also need to package the product in its original box with all of the original packing material, accessories and outer box if necessary. We’ll have our carrier contact you to schedule an exchange or return.
- Please call and review all purchases with our knowledgeable sales staff to avoid unnecessary returns or exchanges at 1-877-761-6354 prior to purchase.
Returns to Our Retail Store
If you live in or around the Niagara Region area and would like to return your item to our store, please follow the steps below to obtain a refund:
- Make sure to include all factory-packaging and all original accessories in the original carton, with all UPC and bar codes intact (incomplete returns may be subject to additional fees).
- Please bring a copy of the original sales receipt or invoice for fast processing
- Bring your package to our retail store:
- Gibbys Electronic Supermarket will open inspect and test the item while you wait so please allow yourself some time (1 hour or more) when returning or exchanging items in store. (any returned product will be opened and checked for accessories, damage, missing packaging and fully tested before a refund is issued)Gibbys Electronic Supermarket
55 Geneva Street.
Catharines, ON L2R 4M6
Shipping Your Return
Please follow the steps below for a successful return & refund:
- Please call us first at 1-877-761-6354 so we can give you a Return Authorization Number (RAN). Packages returned without an RAN number will be refused. Your RAN number is valid for 5 days. Shipping and handling (S&H) and duties if applicable to return an item are the responsibility of the customer and the deduction will be the equivalent to standard shipping costs for that item. Local: 905- 685-7611 | Toll Free: 1-877-761-6354
- Make sure to include all factory-packed accessories in the original carton, with all UPC and bar codes intact (incomplete returns may be subject to additional fees).
- Return Merchandise must be double-boxed, or with protective packaging if it was originally shipped that way, with no writing on the manufacturer’s box. Please call us at 1-877-761-6354 if you have questions.
- Please choose a shipping carrier and ship your package to the appropriate address:
Gibbys Electronic Supermarket
55 Geneva Street.
Catharines, ON L2R 4M6
IMPORTANT: In order for us to process any refund, return or exchange we will require your original Gibbys Electronic Supermarket receipt.
Please note that unless you have purchased a refurbished (B-Stock) product , or (OPEN BOX) product (which will be clearly specified at the time of your purchase and on your invoice), Gibbys Electronic Supermarket only ships brand new, factory sealed products from our store. This is done to eliminate any possibility of miscommunication when a product is being returned for refund or exchange. For items returned to either a retail store or mailed in, we will verify that the product meets the criteria listed above with regard to original condition and packaging. Once we have verified this, we will be happy to process your refund or exchange (shipping or delivery charges are non-refundable). You can expect your refund to be processed within 5 to 7 days of us receiving the product.
As easy as we try to make it, we realize that returning merchandise is no fun. So if you have any doubts or concerns about your purchase, our knowledgeable staff have all the information you need to feel comfortable with your order before you place it.
Please call us at 1-877-761-6354 with any questions about the item(s) you intend to purchase.
Gibbys Electronic Supermarket strives to ensure that the contents are accurate and reliable. However, Gibbys Electronic Supermarket and its agents are not infallible, and errors and/or omissions may sometimes occur. Therefore, Gibbys Electronic Supermarket disclaims any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this web site and any links thereto and there from, including, without limitation, as to the merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Gibbys Electronic Supermarket does not warrant the accuracy, currency or completeness of the contents, including, without limitation, any information relating to prices or availability. For current inventory and availability please call the store direct at 1-877-761-6354. Gibbys Electronic Supermarket will from time to time revise the contents and/or the products, services described therein and reserves the right to make such changes without any obligation to notify past, current or prospective visitors of this website. Gibbys Electronic Supermarket reserves the right to limit quantities available for sale or sold, and the right at any time to reject, cancel or terminate any order for any reason. If the price of any product was incorrectly displayed on our website, we will provide you with an opportunity to place an order at the correct price.