Onkyo TX-RZ50 9.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver
Revitalize Your Entertainment Lifestyle
Start your new entertainment life in the media room, where the Onkyo TX-RZ50 passes 8K HDR video to your display via HDMI®—optimized for lag-free gameplay— and feeds Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X® sound to your 5.2.4-ch speaker system with high-current power behind it. Move to another space and music follows with three-zone powered audio and the SMART AV Receiver suite controlled by voice with easy access to streaming services. The AVR fits into your Sonos system and plays to headphones over bidirectional Bluetooth® wireless technology. With 75 years of hi-fi knowhow elevating our THX® Certified Select and IMAX® Enhanced certified RZ Series custom amp design, music, film scores, and game soundtracks thrill with emotion, sound perfected by Dirac Live® Room Correction. This AVR has features others don’t, such as front-to-height stereo switching for background listening, DSP vocal/dialog enhancement, My Volume presets, and an OSD function that compares source data to output settings so playback can be optimized before entertainment kicks off.
Unleash the IMAX® Enhanced experience
IMAX Enhanced uses DTS:X® technology optimized for the IMAX signature experience and reproduces the full dynamic range of IMAX theatrical mixes. IMAX Mode delivers IMAX Enhanced content as the filmmakers intended.
THX® Certified Select theater-reference sound
Experience the same reference volume of at a commercial theater in rooms where the screen-to-seat distance is about 12 ft. (3.5 m). Certified receivers must pass 2,000 bench-tests in 75 categories.
Welcome to 8K Ultra HD with the latest HDMI®
Onkyo TX-RZ50 Features defined in HDMI 2.1 enable 8K/60p passthrough to a compatible display. As well as HDR10 and HLG, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision formats optimize brightness, contrast, and color frame-by-frame. All HDMI terminals support HDCP 2.3, while eARC on Main Out passes multichannel audio (including Dolby Atmos® or DTS:X) from TV to AVR for decoding and amplification. QMS (Quick Media Switching) reduces screen blanking when switching HDMI sources. Note: features defined in HDMI 2.1 supported on HDMI inputs 1–6, Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out in Sub Mode output.
Experience lag-free gameplay
Transform virtual worlds with 3D sound and get a competitive edge with all-new HDMI features for gamers. VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), and QFT (Quick Frame Transport) eliminate lag, stutter, and frame-tearing for more fluid and responsive gameplay. Note: features supported on HDMI inputs 1–6, Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out in Sub Mode output.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
Onkyo TX-RZ50 Dolby Atmos and DTS:X formats map sound origins as they are perceived in real life and transpose them around your audience for a captivating entertainment experience. Enjoy 3D sound through a 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 layout or connect a stereo amp and expand to 7.2.4 channels. Rediscover classic titles through your height-enabled system with Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X. These technologies analyze legacy soundtracks for spatial cues and up mix for immersive 3D playback.
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer enhances Dolby® formats for a more immersive experience. It creates virtual surround and height effects using a traditional speaker layout. Exclusive refinements for clear sound HDMI board has short signal-paths and well-finished grounds that suppress noise. SoC board is isolated from audio circuitry, reducing interference. Reinforced power-supply line and refined power-amp grounds with copper bus bar reduce circuit noise for thick, clear, and detailed sound.
SMART AV Receiver multi-room entertainment
SMART AV Receiver is the heart of your home entertainment system. Access streaming content from Amazon Music HD* , Pandora®, Spotify®, TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn and share sound as part of a multi-room system via Works with Sonos, Chromecast built-in, AirPlay 2, and DTS Play-Fi®.* Amazon Music HD is supported via DTS Play-Fi.
Works with Sonos
Add this Onkyo TX-RZ50 receiver to your Sonos Home Sound System just by pairing it with a Sonos Connect or Port*. The AVR ties into the Sonos ecosystem, changing inputs and responding to volume commands from the Sonos app*.* Sonos Connect and Port sold separately. Connection of 1–3 Sonos devices is supported. Sonos app is available free for compatible iPad, iPhone, and Android devices at the App Store and the Google Play Store.
Chromecast built-in works with Hey Google
Stream music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to the receiver via Chromecast built-in and control playback from Chromecast-enabled apps from iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, Mac or Windows® PC, or Chromebook. Cue, play, and control audio on this and other supported devices just by using your voice.
Works with Alexa
Use your voice to control the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AVR by issuing commands through an Alexa device. Whether you want to listen to music, radio stations, or podcasts, all you have to do is ask. It also supports multi-room music played on multiple devices. * Multi-room music may require a firmware update.
Connect speakers for powered multi-room sound
Separate Zone 2 outputs connect passive speakers in another room in addition to your 5.2.4 or 7.2.2 speaker system. Switch freely between 7.2.2/5.2.4 or 7.2/5.2.2 + Zone 2 playback. Together with MAIN, Zone 2 and Zone 3 DACs support D/A audio playback (including HDMI, SPDIF, and NET) in three rooms. You can sync the same track or play different songs in each room using Onkyo Controller to manage your entertainment. Note: Zone 3 supports analog/NET only. Zone 2 HDMI audio available via inputs 1–3. HDMI and SPDIF support PCM only.
5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® supports 802.11ac standard
Isolated 1.8 GHz quad-core SoC performs multiple processing tasks at once. It evolves network functions and supports the 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO) standard for stable multi-room audio streaming. Note: some countries or regions have regulations that affect wireless signal strength and the use of Wi-Fi channels.
Bidirectional Bluetooth® wireless technology
Send or receive audio via Bluetooth wireless technology. Stream from your laptop, digital audio player, or mobile to the receiver over SBC or AAC, or share what’s playing in the main zone* to a pair of wireless headphones using SBC, aptX, or aptX HD codecs.* Audio via Chromecast built-in and Works with Alexa excluded.
Convenient Zone 2 and Zone B pre-/line-out
RCA pre-/line-out has two modes: Zone 2 supports connection of active speakers or a hi-fi system, and can sync D/A audio in MAIN and Zone 2 or play a different source in each. Zone B plays MAIN audio through compatible wireless headphones via a connected headphone dock. Note: Zone 2 mode supports HDMI audio via inputs 1–3. SPDIF and HDMI support PCM only. Zone B mode is line-level only and supports encoded or PCM signals (all inputs) in MAIN and Zone B.
Dirac Live® Room Correction
Onkyo TX-RZ50 Dirac Live analyzes your audio system and listening environment by examining acoustic data measured with a setup mic. It corrects both the timing and amplitude aspects of sound coloration using a mixed-phase correction filter throughout the listening area, not just a particular zone. Correction is performed automatically using a proprietary app for smartphone or tablet* . Dirac Live improves staging, localization, clarity, voice intelligibility, and bass response. * Mobile device and AVR must be connected to the same local network.
Flexibility for customized setups
Connect an external power amp or motorized projector screen via the AVR’s 12 V trigger output and power them up automatically with your AVR, with CEC performing the same task for media players over HDMI. An IR repeater input lets you conceal the AVR away from the screen, ideal for bespoke theaters. Ethernet and RS-232 terminals integrate the AVR into your automation system, with the former supporting setup and web browser control via PC.
Onkyo TX-RZ50 Product Highlight
• 250 W/Ch THX® Certified Select RZ Series Dynamic Audio Amplification
• Wide 5 Hz–100 kHz frequency response
• HDMI® inputs 1–3, Main Out, and Sub/Zone 2 Out (Sub Mode output) support 8K/60p (4:2:0/10-bit), 8K/30p (4:4:4/10-bit), 4K/120p (4:4:4/10-bit) video passthrough
• HDMI terminals*1 support HDR10+, Dolby VisionTM, and BT.2020 color; VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), and QFT (Quick Frame Transport) passthrough; eARC (Main Out), and HDCP 2.3
• SMART AV ReceiverTM Works with Sonos*2, Chromecast built-inTM, AirPlay 2, DTS Play-Fi®, Spotify®, Amazon Music HD*3, Pandora®, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn*4
• Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® playback (5.2.4-ch)
• 11.2-ch processing and pre-outs for 7.2.4 layouts
• Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer
• IMAX® Enhanced certified signature sound by DTS:X
• Supports Dirac Live® Room Correction
• AccuReflex phase-matching solution for Dolby Atmos enabled speakers
• HDMI Main Out with eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
• HDMI Sub/Zone 2 Out*5 connects a second display or projector
• Refined HDMI grounds, isolated SoC board, reinforced power lines
• Quad-core SoC supports 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO) Wi-Fi®*6
• Dedicated DACs for switching Zone 2 outputs (dedicated), Zone 3 outputs (shared), Zone 2/Zone B and Zone 3 pre-/line-outs
• Stereo Assign Mode supports Height-channel playback
• DSP-based Vocal Enhancer improves vocal/dialog audibility
• OSD function shows A/V input/output signal data, playback settings, and network info
• Volume memory presets for A/V inputs via front panel
• 250 W/Ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1-ch driven), 120 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2-ch driven, FTC)
• Certified for IMAX Enhanced and THX Certified Select
• Exclusive Dynamic Audio Amplification (DAA) RZ Series build
• Wide 5 Hz–100 kHz frequency response
• Custom High-Current Low-Noise Power Transformer
• Custom 15,000 μF high-current smoothing capacitors
• Refined chassis, HDMI board, DAC, digital/analog inputs, power-amp grounds, and power lines
• Isolated network module reduces high-frequency interference on audio circuitry
• Original 2-stage non-phase-shift amplifier circuitry with discrete output stage
• Anti-resonant extruded aluminum heat-sink
• High current capability drives 4-ohm loads through 9 channels
• High-quality DAC supports 192 kHz/24-bit multichannel D/A conversion
• VLSCTM (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) noise filtering (Front L/R)
• PLL (Phase Locked Loop) anti-jitter technology for SPDIF audio
• Independent tone controls (bass/treble) for all channels (excluding Zone 3)
Video & Audio Support
• HDMI*1 supports 8K/60p (4:4:4/12-bit*7, 4:2:2/12-bit*7, 4:2:0/10-bit*8), 8K/30p (4:4:4/12-bit*7, 4:4:4/10-bit*8, 4:2:2/12-bit*8, 4:2:0/12-bit), 4K/120p (4:4:4/12-bit*7, 4:4:4/10-bit*8, 4:2:2/12-bit*8, 4:2:0/12-bit) video passthrough, VRR, ALLM, QFT, DSC (Display Stream Compression), QMS (Quick Media Switching), eARC (Main Out), HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, BT.2020, DeepColorTM, x.v.ColorTM, LipSync, and HDCP 2.3
• Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby® TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio® decoding
• Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer 3D audio processing
• Dolby Surround® and DTS® Neural:X 3D upmixing technology
• IMAX Mode for IMAX Enhanced content
• THX® listening modes for movies, music, and games
• Theater-Dimensional virtual surround-sound function
• Sound optimization for games (Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG)
• Hi-Res Audio playback via network (DSD256/DSD128/DSD64 [PCM conversion], FLAC, WAV [RIFF], AIFF, and ALAC to 192 kHz/24-bit*9)
• Pure Audio Mode and Direct Mode for source-authentic sound quality
• SMART AV Receiver multi-room platform with integrated streaming services, voice assistant support, and remote app control*10
• Works with Sonos certified for the Sonos Home Sound System, control with Sonos app*10
• Works with Alexa supporting multi-room music*11
• Works with Hey Google*12 and Chromecast built-in
• Supports Apple AirPlay 2 enabling Siri voice control
• DTS Play-Fi multi-room audio via Onkyo Music Control App*10
• 1.8 GHz quad-core SoC supports 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO) Wi-Fi
• Roon Tested for the Roon Core
• 7 HDMI inputs (1 front), 2 outputs (Main [eARC], Sub/Zone 2)
• 1 component video input (assignable)
• 2 composite video inputs (assignable)
• 2 digital audio inputs (1 coaxial, 1 optical, assignable)
• 6 analog RCA audio inputs (assignable)
• 1 phono input with built-in low-noise MM equalizer for turntable
• 1/8 ̋ (3.5 mm) setup mic input for AccuEQ/Dirac Live (front)
• 1/4 ̋ (6.35 mm) headphone jack (front)
• 11.2-ch pre-outs (analog RCA, variable)
• Zone 2/Zone B and Zone 3 analog RCA pre/line-level outputs*13
• 11 banana-plug-ready screw-type speaker posts (including exclusive Zone 2 outputs)
• 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet terminal for network and IP control
• USB input (5 V/1 A) for audio playback (rear)
• RS-232 serial port for remote control
• IR (infrared) input for remote-control extenders
• 12 V trigger output (Main, assignable, 100 mA)
• AC inlet for detachable IEC power cord
Onkyo TX-RZ50 Advanced Features
• Dirac Live improves staging, localization, clarity, and bass
• Bluetooth® wireless technology can receive audio sent from mobiles and PC, transmit audio to wireless headphones (RX mode: SBC/AAC, TX mode: SBC/Qualcomm® aptXTM/aptX HD)
• Advanced Music Optimizer improves compressed audio playback quality
• Vocal Enhancer boosts vocal/dialog audibility via remote control or front-panel keys
• Front-to-Surround/Height speaker switching in Stereo Assign Mode for background listening
• Overlaid OSD function displays A/V input signal data, output data/settings, and network information
• My Input Volume one-touch volume memory preset assignment to individual A/V inputs
• Transmit HQ audio from compatible TVs to the A/V receiver via eARC (HDMI Main Out)
• Aluminum front panel, concealment flap door, and volume control
• Connect Zone 2 speakers and 7.2.2/5.2.4-ch speaker system using dedicated Zone 2 outputs (Zone 2 + 7.2/5.2.2-ch switching)
• Play three audio sources via dedicated DACs and MAIN, Zone 2, and Zone 3 speaker outputs*14
• Share MAIN audio or a second source (including HDMI/SPDIF*15) to a hi-fi via Zone 2 pre-/line-out
• Share any MAIN audio source to a wireless headphone dock via Zone B line-out*16
• 4K to 8K, 1080p to 8K/4K video upscaling via HDMI
• GUI with overlaid OSD via HDMI
• IP control and AVR setup via web browser
• Crossover adjustment for each channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
• A/V Sync Control (up to 500 ms in 5 ms steps at 48 kHz*17)
• Efficient standby modes including HDMI Passthrough Mode
• Optional rack-mounting kit (IRK-180-4C)
• FM/AM tuners with 40-station random preset memory
• 3-Mode display dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)